These dates may change, so check at https://www.facebook.com/MadisonMotorsports or https://twitter.com/MMSportsJMU for updates.
- September 17 – Cars and Coffee Harrisonburg
- September 18 – BRR SCCA Autocross in Verona
- September 21 – Classroom meet and Autocross presentation by Ray Schumin – ISAT 350 7PM
- September 23 – Possible offroad trip to Flagpole knob
- October 5th – Classroom meeting in ISAT at 7PM (Room TBD)
- October 8th – College Solo Cookout at Taylor’s house with CCVT and VCU car clubs
- October 9th – College Solo Autocross
- November 2nd – Classroom meeting ISAT 350 7PM – Collecting dues for Fall Apparel Order
- November 10th – Apparel Order money due to Officers
- November 12-13 – NASA MA Fall Finale
- November ?? – Turducken
The new school year is here! Madison Motorsports is hitting the ground running this year! Our officers met lots of prospective members at student org night this!
We look forward to seeing all of them and more at our first official event on Wednesday September 7th! We will be meeting at the top of the Champions Drive Parking Deck at 7PM! We will have a brief information session followed by a cruise through campus to get ice cream on South Main Street! Members without vehicles are welcome! We will assign rides at the event! RSVP here!
After this, our next BIG event is October 9th! The College Solo Challenge pits our school against other Virginia Colleges. Show up to race or spectate and maybe even grab some ride-alongs!
It is with great sadness that we pass along some news about one of our fellow aluMMni. Chad Rhodes, class of 2011, passed away at his home this past Sunday, May 22.
Chad was an active MMer throughout his time at JMU – between wrench days, autocrosses, NASA track weekends, mountain cruises, Top Gear nights, and the occasional party, Chad was always around with his tan Pontiac WS6, a smile and some infectious laughter.
His obituary may be found on the Daily News-Record site. Madison Motorsports will be collecting donations via PayPal, which will be sent along from the club to Relay For Life per his family’s request.
To make a donation, please send to my personal PayPal account by this Friday, May at 27 at noon.
In speed and safety,