Madison Motorsports
WTB: PC800 RDRAM - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: WTB: PC800 RDRAM (/showthread.php?tid=7531)



WTB: PC800 RDRAM - Ginger - 08-05-2008

Ok, I don't really want to buy it. I just want somebody to give it to me Wink

I'm looking for whatever you've got really, but if you've got two sticks of 512, or better, 4, I'd be willing to throw some money or beer your way.

Let me know what you've got.


- Evan - 08-05-2008

hahah RDRAM

goodluck with that


- Ginger - 08-05-2008

Yeah, it sucks... but, correct me if I'm wrong, I can't just decide I don't want to use it and replace it, right? Like, the mobo is RDRAM specific?


- Evan - 08-05-2008

joo got it

there is a whole geeky story behind the Rambus/RDRAM and Intel conspiracy of suck back in the early 2000s.


- Sijray21 - 08-06-2008

i remember i had that in my old Dell - expensive shit at the time


- Apoc - 08-06-2008

Sijray21 Wrote:i remember i had that in my old Dell - expensive shit at the time

Still is and pretty much impossible to find. I replaced my entire machine for what it would have cost me to upgrade my RDRAM.


- Ginger - 08-06-2008

Yeah, that's what I'm finding. I figure that if I can't do it for cheap, then it'll just be a glorified boom box and web browser.

Somebody want to school me on really quiet CPU fans (like, 80mm)?


- Mike - 08-06-2008

the bigger the fan, the quieter. i think i have a 120mm in my current box, which i built to not make any noise. fanless vid card, fanless power supply, quiet HD... it's bombass.


- Evan - 08-06-2008

Ginger Wrote:Somebody want to school me on really quiet CPU fans (like, 80mm)?
Yate Loon. cheap and the quietest
120mm if your case has the brackets for them, otherwise 80 is fine


- Apoc - 08-06-2008

Mike Wrote:fanless vid card

How does one dissipate the excessive heat in the video card? Oh that's right, you don't like to play games on it any more. Tongue