This will make any gearhead cringe..
#1
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forums.beyond.ca/st/193160/my-worst-nightmare">http://forums.beyond.ca/st/193160/my-worst-nightmare</a><!-- m -->

Confusedhock:

Mother of God.
  Reply
#2
man that's terrible, i REALLY hope he had insurance.... Sad Cry
'19 Golf R

Intro
J Ray's Top Ten

Previous: '99 BMW Z3 2.8L | 2019 Honda Ridgeline | 2010 VW GTI | 2008 CBR 600RR | 2005 Nissan Titan SE King | 2003 Honda CBR 600RR | 1998 Integra RS | 1998 Suzuki GS500e | 1999 Honda Civic Si | 1986 VW GTI 8v
  Reply
#3
man...that's horrible. What insurance covers that? his homeowners? I can't believe how much crap he had in that garage, heh.
2013 Cadillac ATS....¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
2008 Chevy Malibu LT....▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
1986 Monte Carlo SS. ...███▲▲ █ █ ███████
1999 F250 SuperDuty...███████████████████►
1971 Monte Carlo SC ...◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤
  Reply
#4
God is punishing him for having too much money.
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
  Reply
#5
At least he's independently wealthy Wink
When it comes to Ryan Jenkins, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.

2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee

-Ginger
  Reply
#6
that video is painful to watch. unfortunately, that is part of the risk you take in this hobby. the cost of parts just pales in comparison to the blood and sweat you put into a project car.
2005 Toyota Matrix XRS. Current Mods Updated April 2, 2007
1986 Porsche 944 NA 5-speed Project Track Rat updated often
  Reply
#7
wow that was quite a fire, I haven't seen wheels melt down like that. And the bikes are like, completely gone? :| There's a bicycle frame right there... where are the motorcycle frames? Wheels? Was that all magnesium? Crazy.
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
  Reply
#8
The dude would have rather seen the Viper in the fire instead of his Z?? I can understand all of the man hours and work he's put into it, but come on... he's likening it to losing a child! I know what it's like to personify things you own, but I've also grown up enough to know that things are just things. It sucks, but as someone in that thread said, he should be counting his lucky stars that his garage was a DEtached garage and not attached to his house.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply
#9
WRXtranceformed Wrote:should be counting his lucky stars that his garage was a DEtached garage and not attached to his house.

no kidding. pretty sickening pictures though. cleaning that up will be painful, going through all your stuff and tossing it away...
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road
--------------------------
Past:  03 Xterra SE 4x4  |  05 Impreza 2.5RS  |  99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T  |  01 Accord EX  |  90 Maxima GXE  |  96 Explorer XLT
  Reply
#10
Does that mean his tools are... heat treated? HAR HAR HAR...

that sucks.
My Tumblr
2008 Felt F75 - Pedal Power
  Reply
#11
Personal note to self - install $2000 automatic sprinkler system if I own a $500,000 garage.

Really does suck, hope he had all of it insured.
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.

2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
  Reply
#12
Does anyone know what the reality of insuring specially-equipped/modified or rare/vintage vehicles and equipment is? I've heard of collectors using 'umbrella' policies to cover multiple expensive vehicles, but those are typical accident/medical/theft policies, not likely to cover garage fires, and come with a severe mileage cap. Unless he had like a $10K/month policy with a specialty insurer, I can't really imagine a homeowners policy paying out for a big garage and $500k worth of stuff inside it.

I mean, how do you go about insuring something like that Lamborghini?
horizontally opposed>*
  Reply
#13
I feel for him, but its far from a tragedy.
The worst part is loosing the personal projects and all the time spent on them.
The cars? who cares, he has insurance, other cars to drive , and no shortage of cash anyway.

And how he talks about that Z has got to be some of the lamest shit Ive ever read on the internet

Personally, I think this was God's work to do the world a favor and eliminate that heinous Lambo.
SM #55 | 06 Titan | 12 Focus | 06 Exige | 14 CX-5
  Reply
#14
PGK Wrote:Does anyone know what the reality of insuring specially-equipped/modified or rare/vintage vehicles and equipment is? I've heard of collectors using 'umbrella' policies to cover multiple expensive vehicles, but those are typical accident/medical/theft policies, not likely to cover garage fires, and come with a severe mileage cap. Unless he had like a $10K/month policy with a specialty insurer, I can't really imagine a homeowners policy paying out for a big garage and $500k worth of stuff inside it.

I mean, how do you go about insuring something like that Lamborghini?

I pay for an additional rider on my homeowners policy to cover 'above and beyond' expenses that would be occurred if I sustained catastrophic loss to my garage. I think I pay like $40/yr extra for an additional $100,000 coverage on the garage. That covers ANYTHING I have in there (including non running cars, thank GOD!). Now, the kicker is they want you to keep recent pictures of the garage and whats in there in the event you make a claim. So I try to take pics every few months or so. This is actually a REALLY good idea for any expensive things you have in your house/apartment oh and make sure you keep copies off site as well...
  Reply
#15
Evan Wrote:Personally, I think this was God's work to do the world a favor and eliminate that heinous Lambo.

+1
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
#16
Kaan Wrote:God is punishing him for having too much money.

Pretty much what I was going to say. The universe has a way of righting itself every once in awhile.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
#17
white_2kgt Wrote:Now, the kicker is they want you to keep recent pictures of the garage and whats in there in the event you make a claim. So I try to take pics every few months or so. This is actually a REALLY good idea for any expensive things you have in your house/apartment oh and make sure you keep copies off site as well...

It's a good idea for EVERYONE to walk through their house with a video camera and put a copy in a safe deposit box in case of fire. If you don't want to bother with a safe deposit box, get a fire safe for your house and put a copy in there.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
#18
Apoc Wrote:get a fire safe for your house and put a copy in there.

+1

you can find some for under 80 bucks at Sam's. not much money for what could possibly save you thousands.
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road
--------------------------
Past:  03 Xterra SE 4x4  |  05 Impreza 2.5RS  |  99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T  |  01 Accord EX  |  90 Maxima GXE  |  96 Explorer XLT
  Reply
#19
Apoc Wrote:
Kaan Wrote:God is punishing him for having too much money.

Pretty much what I was going to say. The universe has a way of righting itself every once in awhile.

Man, you guys are harsh! :lol: I'm sure there are plenty of people that aren't as fortunate as you (ok, maybe not that many people that are less fortunate than Kaan Tongue ) that would love to see all your shit go up in flames. Or maybe laugh if they heard news of you being killed while participating in a motorsports event, which, I don't know if you know, most people don't have the disposable income to participate in.

This kid might just be a little rich punk, he might have worked for every penny he's got, it might be somewhere in between. Either way, especially in a capitalist society, shouldn't we be thankful that success is possible? Use it as incentive to think, hey, I might be able to to acheive that as well if I work for it?

Surprisingly, instead of everyone striving to achieve, possibly making everything better for everyone, we get involved in the disease of wealth envy. We'd rather take the more successful guy down a peg, even if that takes us down too. So is that what we really all secretly want? Everyone to be just sitting in the mud, with no food, starting at eachother? I wasn't able to find the study I was looking for, but here's a similar one, it's kind of interesting:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ox.ac.uk/blueprint/2001-02/1403/13.shtml">http://www.ox.ac.uk/blueprint/2001-02/1403/13.shtml</a><!-- m -->

Kind of makes me sad! I don't know how a society ever achieves anything if that's how a majority of the people really behave. I see plenty of evidence of wealth envy in this country, makes me wonder if it'll choke us out one day. Or at least keep a big cap on the strides we could be making. Maybe, if we're lucky, we could get some good, socialist democrats in office, and they'll work to make sure everything's nice and even.

You guys might have been joking a bit, but I just figured it'd be fun to attempt to steer this thread WAAAAAY off course. :wink:
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
  Reply
#20
Channing Wink i'm working on it Tongue

I'll be modifying a Cheetah prototype and getting paid well to do it! maybe one day i'll have a 900sqft garage that can go up in flames with rare lambos and bussa motors and such Wink

but right now i'm content with spare CB750 motors and a crx! Smile
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
  Reply


Forum Jump: